While staying at Gift of Life Howie’s House, our guests often search for ways to decompress after a long day at the hospital. To help with this, we began our Sean Dukes Activities Program to facilitate activities, both volunteer- and staff-led, for our guests.
We welcome groups of all kinds to come and host an activity at Gift of Life Howie’s House. Some ideas for an activity include:
- Teaching families how to knit,
- Teaching an American Sign Language lesson,
- Hosting a guided painting session,
- Conducting a science experiment,
- Teaching families to play Pokeno,
- Performing with your acapella group,
- Leading group yoga, or
- Hosting bingo.
We are open to hearing all activity suggestions!
Activities are held each night, but we recommend hosting on Sundays to Thursdays at 7:00 PM as this is when we are at our highest occupancy.
How to Sign Up to do an Activity at Howie’s House:
1.) Carefully read the Sean Dukes Activities Program Guidelines
2.) Recruit your team and select a date to host.
3.) Sign-up your group using the form below.
4.) A House staff member will contact you to confirm your date and activity.
Please Note: All volunteers must abide by the following:
- ILLNESS: Many guests at the House have weakened immune systems due to their treatment and medication. Exposure to communicable diseases represents a more serious danger to those individuals.
- If any member of your group has displayed signs of illness within the last 7 days, they may not participate in volunteering at the House. Examples include signs of infection, flu-like symptoms, rashes, cough, or GI issues.
Volunteer: Host An Activity
We recommend hosting your activity between 7pm and 8pm, our most active time at the Gift of Life House, however, other times can be arranged.