Host an Activity
The Sean Dukes Activities Program at Gift of Life Howie's House
While staying at Gift of Life Howie’s House, our guests often search for ways to decompress after a long day at the hospital. To help with this, we began our Sean Dukes Activities Program to facilitate activities, both volunteer- and staff-led, for our guests.
We welcome groups of all kinds to come and host an activity at Gift of Life Howie’s House. Some ideas for an activity include:
- Teaching families how to knit,
- Teaching an American Sign Language lesson,
- Hosting a guided painting session,
- Conducting a science experiment,
- Teaching families to play Pokeno,
- Performing with your acapella group,
- Leading group yoga, or
- Hosting bingo.
We are open to hearing all activity suggestions!
Activities are held each night, but we recommend hosting on Sundays to Thursdays at 7:00 PM as this is when we are at our highest occupancy.
How to Sign Up to do an Activity at Howie’s House:
1.) Carefully read the Sean Dukes Activities Program Guidelines
2.) Recruit your team and select a date to host.
3.) Sign-up your group using the form below.
4.) A House staff member will contact you to confirm your date and activity.
Please Note: Due to COVID -19, we are limiting group sizes to 10 people max . All volunteers must abide by the following:
- MASK REQUIREMENT: Anyone wishing to volunteer must wear a CDC approved mask at all times while inside the House. (CDC Guide to Masks)
- VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Anyone participating in this opportunity must be fully vaccinated – one dose for the Janssen vaccine and two doses for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. When you arrive at the House on your scheduled date, staff will ask to see the vaccination cards of all participants and cross-reference them with a government/photo ID. A photo or copy of the vaccination card is acceptable if it is clear enough for staff to confirm information. Temperature checks will also be taken at this time.
- ILLNESS: Many guests at the House have weakened immune systems due to their treatment and medication. Exposure to communicable diseases represents a more serious danger to those individuals.
- If any member of your group has displayed signs of illness within the last 7 days, they may not participate in volunteering at the House. Examples include signs of infection, flu-like symptoms, rashes, cough, or GI issues.
Volunteer: Host An Activity
We recommend hosting your activity between 7pm and 8pm, our most active time at the Gift of Life House, however, other times can be arranged.