Some activity night ideas include arts and crafts, cooking/baking, and entertainment, but we are always open to new ideas!
Please Note: Due to COVID -19, we are limiting group sizes to 4 people max (18 years+ only). All volunteers must abide by the following:
- MASK REQUIREMENT: Anyone wishing to volunteer must wear a CDC approved mask at all times while inside Howie’s House. (CDC Guide to Masks)
- VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Anyone participating in this opportunity must be fully vaccinated – one dose for the Janssen vaccine and two doses for Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. When you arrive at Howie’s House on your scheduled date, staff will ask to see the vaccination cards of all participants and cross-reference them with a government/photo ID. A photo or copy of the vaccination card is acceptable if it is clear enough for staff to confirm information. Temperature checks will also be taken at this time.
- ILLNESS: Many guests at Howie’s House have weakened immune systems due to their treatment and medication. Exposure to communicable diseases represents a more serious danger to those individuals.
- If any member of your group has displayed signs of illness within the last 14 days, they may not participate in volunteering at Howie’s House. Examples include signs of infection, flu-like symptoms, rashes, cough, or GI issues.
- If any member of your group regularly interacts with someone (family members, friends, coworkers, etc.) who has traveled internationally within the last 14 days, they may not participate in volunteering at Howie’s House.
How to Sign Up to do an Activity at Howie’s House:
1.) Carefully read the Activity Guidelines
2.) Recruit your team and select a date
3.) Sign-up your group using the form below
4.) We’ll contact you to confirm
Once your group date and activity is approved, you will receive confirmation from us either by phone or e-mail.
5.) Be creative and have fun!