Ways to Support the Howie’s House during COVID-19
Although many businesses have temporarily closed, the Howie's House is open and continuing to provide critical support to transplant families on a limited basis.
We are so appreciative that many have reached out wanting to support our mission and are humbled by our community’s desire to help. Thank you for continuing to think about us and stand by our side.
If you are interested in supporting the Howie’s House from home, here are ways you can do so:
- Send an encouraging note. We still have families staying with us as they continue on the transplant journey. Share a word of encouragement to help them get through this difficult time.
- Make a donation. Our mission is more important than ever in these challenging times. You can make a gift to help the Howie’s House offer transplant families an affordable and supportive place to call home.
- Help sponsor a meal. Out of concern for our guests and staff, we’ve curtailed our Home Cook Heroes Program. You can make a monetary gift or gift card donation to support the cost of a meal.
- Create a Facebook fundraiser. While the economic downturn is affecting families across the country, many still want to offer their support. Consider hosting a Facebook fundraiser to help raise important funds for the House. Share your story with your family and friends and let them know what the Howie’s House means to you. It’s a meaningful way to connect and help support the House from home.
- Help stock the pantry. Purchase pantry items and supplies from our Amazon Wishlist to keep our pantry stocked for guests.
Thank you again for your commitment to our mission. We understand how difficult this time is. The work we do together goes on, and we are so grateful for whatever you can do to help us continue providing transplant families with lodging, supportive services, and, most importantly, a place to call home.