Help Heartman Stock the House at the Donor Dash!
Help Heartman stock Gift of Life Howie's House with wish-list items at this year's Donor Dash!
Gift of Life Howie’s House welcomes families going through the organ transplantation process to stay with us throughout the various stages of their journey. For more than 11 years, the House has been able to smooth the difficult and often unpredictable journeys of transplant families by providing them with affordable lodging, supportive services, and a place of comfort and stability.
At the House, we aim to maintain a supply of food and household goods for our guests. Keeping the House stocked requires a lot of donated food and supplies. This is where we need your help!
Gift of Life Howie’s House is collecting wish list items at this year’s Gift of Life Donor Dash and all Dash-related events, including Packet Pick-Up and Pre-Dash. Bring wish list items to these events to help Stock the House!
PLUS: All those who donate wish-list items at the Dash and Dash-related events will be entered to win a special gift basket, including some Gift of Life merchandise and a $100 gift card to Morea and Wrap Shack!
Here is a list of everything currently needed at the House:
- Cereal (Dry & Hot)
- Coffee K-Cups, Hot Chocolate Mix, Tea Bags (Black, Green, Herbal)
- Individual Bottled Drinks (Iced Tea, Juice, Seltzer Water, Soda)
- Pasta (Penne, Spaghetti, Ziti) and Pasta Sauce (Alfredo, Marinara, Pesto, Tomato)
- Pre-Packaged Snacks (Ex. Chips, Cookies,
- Crackers, Dried Fruit, Granola Bars, Nuts)
- Shelf-Stable Starches (Boxed Macaroni and Cheese, Boxed Potatoes and Mixes, Rice, Stuffing Mix)
- 10/12 Oz Disposable Coffee Cups & Lids
- Aluminum Foil, Parchment Paper, Plastic Wrap, Wax Paper
- Bleach, Dryer Sheets, Fabric Softener, Laundry Detergent
- Hand Sanitizers, Hand Wipes
- Napkins, Paper Towels, Toilet Paper
- Storage Bags (Quart, Sandwich, Snack)
- Travel-Sized Amenities (Body Wash, Conditioner, Deodorant, Lotion, Mouthwash, Shampoo, Soap, Toothbrushes, Toothpaste)
If you are unable to bring pantry items to the Donor Dash, a collection box will be available at the House throughout the month of April in honor of Donate Life Month. You may also host a wish-list drive of your own with your friends and family. Unable to contribute in-person? You can order items online through our Amazon Wish-List and have them shipped directly to the House. (If you contribute this way, please notify staff of the anticipated delivery date).
Contact Jolene Fulmore or click here for more information.
Help Stock the House during this year’s Donor Dash by bringing by supplying basic necessities and pantry items for our guests!